Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Feathers

Hello! Well it's official, my life has been crazy. I graduated, moved into my own little place and started two jobs...all within a week! Whew. Having one day off a week, I have found that I am more productive than ever in the moments I have after work. In preparations for this year's Handmade Summer Wardrobe Fashion Show, I used Anna Maria Horner's beautiful "Field Study #4" linen and several New Look patters to construct a simple summery top. I used New Look #6902 (available at The Tin Thimble), cut to the length of a shirt, for the bodice top and straps and then I used New Look #6696 for the back. I love #6696 because it makes a SUPER easy shirred back that lets me avoid zippers, buttons and closures overall.




Isn't that fabric just fantastic? It was lovely to cut and sew and I would highly recommend it. The colors are so beautiful. 



No comments:

Post a Comment